Here are a few interesting links.
- A writer’s manifesto fellow procrastinator’s will like.
- Statistics on public pre-college educational expenditures per student.
- No words can truly describe. A man with a plan thinks about dating.
- It’s always frustrating to learn elite colleges don’t like holding their students to high standards. Being prissy with the future rich and powerful isn’t something any institution really wants to do.
- Issues with the current generation of academics.
- Why do they stay?, a post by Hilzoy on domestic abuse/violence. Very thoughtful. Fascinating.
- Megan McCardle thinks the Fed is undemocratic. Kevin Drum responds this line of reasoning shows exactly why both libertarianism and extreme populism are poor governing philosophies. I think this debate is beyond my knowledge. I dislike complete trust in technocrats, as I dislike trusting any class of people. But I distrust and dislike Congress even more. Its members, generally, lack the knowledge and curiosity to be effective as national legislators.